Frequently Asked Questions:
What prompted your start in photography?
- It sparked while I was in my final year at Juilliard. There is so much talent and drive at that school and especially as a dancer, being able to capture feats that most individuals wouldn't even attempt is incredible, especially when you know you caught it. From then on, I branched out to shooting an array of other genres as well.
I feel as though I am pretty awkward in front of the camera. Can you help with that?
- Absolutely! I am more than happy to help for I want you to feel as comfortable as you can. I will tell you exactly how I would like you to pose and most of the time I will demonstrate the pose myself. However, once you've warmed up, I will let you have artistic freedom to move around on your own too.
How long after a shoot can I expect to receive my images?
- It can vary depending on your personal package, but for portrait, dance and engagement shoots, turnover is between 1-2 weeks. Weddings vary based on package as well as printing and turnover is between 6-8 weeks.
How long before a shoot should I book you?
- Sooner rather than later that way both you and I have enough time to get scheduling and shoot details in order. Plus, I like to meet my clients prior to a shoot to break the ice. I love meeting new people!
Do you travel?
- Yes, I love to visit new places. I'll go anywhere from Newfoundland to New Zealand and everywhere in between!
How may I pay you for a shoot?
- Cash or check will work wonderfully. All checks are payable to Leiland Charles.
Why should I shoot with you?
- I value my clients well-being and I want them to know that they are beautiful, they are special and they can make others feel something from their images too. That's the experience you'll have in working with me. I can't tell you how much I love to photograph. And I love the look on someone's face after they've seen a beautiful image of themselves. That's something that can't be replicated. You'll always remember how you felt in that moment. Most of all, that image will last forever. That's part of the beauty of getting your photo taken. It's not about me, it's about you.